Wednesday 13 October 2010

4 Oct 2010 - Ethiopia - Addis Abeba


News from Jay: 
Please do believe me that after each full-on day of dealing with African roads, and then trying to figure out where to sleep, there is often little energy left to indulge in any form of eloquent reportage.

Quick plug: The Ethiopian highlands (North West) are stunningly and endlessly beautiful! I really really hope my camera makes it back to London (with me of course!) Also, a few years of Italian colonisation don't seem to have done them any harm, if the cafe's in Addis Ababa (the capital) are anything to go by. Tribal women in the countryside peer out of their mud huts and enthusiastically shout out 'ciao'! The 'Ethiopian shoulder dancing' is also quite something, have a look on you-tube. I got pulled on stage by the dancers at a traditional music hall, to give it a go. Never before have I been able to make so many people laugh so hard and for so long. It's not as easy as the Ethiopians make it look! It's really only just started attracting tourism, get in now...

No comments:

Post a Comment