Tuesday 28 September 2010

27 Sept 2010 - Ethiopia - Addis Abeba, Awasa, Yavello to Kenya - Moyale






News from Jay on 27 September in Addis Abeba:

Totally by chance I bumped into my old companions the two South Africans I met in Moyale, and we went out and had a few drinks. I leave Addis after breakfast today.

I got bitten to shreds by bed bugs in the highlands. The bedding was filthy, it's just that it took me a few days to realise it was bed bugs and not mosquitos!

His itinerary for the next three days is as follows:
28 Sept - Awasa, Ethiopia
29 Sept - Yavello, Ethiopia
30 Sept - Moyale, Kenya

Moyale is the strategic point at which he will decide exactly how to quote "tackle that damned desert road..." Last time he hired a jeep from Kenya to take him and the bike to save his suspension and tires a grueling bashing.


Awasa, Ethiopia

Yavello, Ethiopia

No comments:

Post a Comment